Winpooch is a Windows watchdog, free and open source. Anti spyware and anti trojan, it gives a full protection against local or external offenses by scanning the activity of programs in real time. Associated with ClamWin antivirus, Winpooch keeps safe your computer against virus.
Winpooch uses the API Hooking method. It spies programs when they are running and gives to the user a powerful control of their activity.For example, you can forbide a program to write in a system directory or in the registry, or else to connect to Internet. That makes the difference between others anti spywares using a database of known signatures.
ClamWin is an open source antivirus for Windows that can not scan files in real time, unfortunately. With Winpooch, just associate ClamWin and it will be possible to detect virus in a program before it runs.
- Description: detection of spywares and trojans. It becomes an anti virus if associated with ClamWin
- Development Status: open source project in progress
- Environment: Win32 (MS Windows)
- License: GNU General Public License (GPL)
- Natural Language: English, French, Italian, Polish
- Operating System: 32-bit MS Windows (NT/2000/XP)
- Programming Language: C